Deputy Manager (Data Centre Networking)
Job no: 493486
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Infocomm Technology
You will be part of a wonderful team who are passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes the port/logistic operations and how we work, giving you the opportunity to do great things. You will be exposed to cutting edge networking technologies such as Software Defined Networks (SDN), public and private cloud platforms, DWDM optical network and the emerging 5G technologies.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation and effective operationalization of a robust and resilient network infrastructure. You will play a pivotal role to enable the business to achieve its strategic goals and to stay resilient by engaging in robust discussions with internal stakeholders and external industry partners in areas of network service operations.
• Design, implement, and manage complex core and data centre network infrastructure, ensuring high availability, performance, and scalability.
• Administer and troubleshoot Cisco ACI environments, including fabric, tenants, application profiles, and endpoint groups.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align network infrastructure and services with business goals and emerging technology trends.
• Develop and maintain network documentation, policies, and procedures.
• Oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of network hardware and software.
• Proactively identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities to ensure network security.
• Lead network-related projects from conception to completion, including budget management.
• Define, perform, automate and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency in visualizing, monitoring and analysis of network operations
activities for regular OLA and KPI updates.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior network engineers.
• Stay abreast of new technologies and best practices in network engineering and recommend improvements.
• Tertiary graduation in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant IT experience in network engineering, with a focus on data centre networking.
• Proficient in Cisco ACI architecture, including hands-on experience in deployment, configuration and troubleshooting.
• Strong understanding of networking concepts and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, VLANs, OSPF, BGP).
• Possess keen interest in developing IT service management skills.
• Experience with network security practices and firewall configuration.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Candidates who possess industry recognized certifications (e.g. CCNP, ITIL, CITPM, PMP etc) will have added advantage.
• User-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong in verbal and written communication, and collaboration skills.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend