Job no: 493031
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Infocomm Tech
You will work alongside a team of energetic and passionate technology evangelists who are constantly thinking about making a difference to the way technology shapes one of the world's busiest port. Every ICT employee is given opportunities to innovate, influence and redefine how we work and to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for our Business Units. We envisage a future fully automated Port that is powered by cutting edge technologies. Private/hybrid cloud, cloud-native technologies, converged infrastructure, cybersecurity, DWDM Optical Networks, Software Defined Networks, and the emerging 5G mobile networks with edge computing, just to name a few. In short, we will constantly excite you, inspire you and develop you.
The ideal candidate
An ideal candidate is someone who has experience in designing, deploying and supporting a robust and resilient enterprise network infrastructure that enables PSA's innovation and 24x7 mission critical port operations. You will have a playground with a wide variety of modern networking solutions from top tier network product manufacturers and service providers. Alongside with your colleagues from multiple ICT pillars, you will identify and implement improvements that will drive measurable business results. You will leverage your technical expertise and soft skills to bring about great value and IT service experience to our Business Units and help the organization grow the business.
• Possess a Diploma or Degree in Computer Engineering /Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
• CCNA/CCDA certified or equivalent
• CCNP Enterprise or CCNP Data Centre will be an added advantage
• At least 1 year of hands-on experience with Cisco campus and data center network products in a sizeable enterprise deployment
• Experience in network automation (e.g. Ansible, Python, Netconf, Restconf, and RESTful API etc.) and network management platform(e.g. Solarwinds) will be an added advantage
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux (Oracle/RedHat/CentOS) operating systems
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Good command of English, both written and spoken
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive under pressure, function and deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Be prepared to work in a team providing 24x7 network support (because the port never sleeps)
Good to have:
• Proficiency in cellular mobile access network technologies (3G/4G/5G)
• Proficiency in DWDM technologies, optical networking and components involved. ADVA and Huawei optical products in particular.
• Understanding of SDN concepts and technologies. Solutions from Cisco (SDA, SD-WAN, ACI) and VMware (NSX-T) in particular.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend